Dishwashing liquid is one of the best cleaning agents for car windows and rims. However, to clean them well, you need the right tools and a few tips.
In order for the vehicle to be operational, it must undergo regular maintenance. Dishwashing liquid is an ideal agent for cleaning car rims and windows - it helps to maintain the appearance of the car by removing dirt, sediment and salt from the road. Here are some helpful tips to ensure that these areas are properly cleaned.
To clean rims and car windows, you will need:
- one bucket
- soft sponge and brush
- absorbent cloths
- water squeegees
- garden hose
- microfiber towel
- Park the car in the shade to prevent it from drying out prematurely.
- Make sure all windows and doors are closed.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and then add a few drops of dishwashing liquid.
- Scrub the windows with a soft sponge and foam, then use a water squeegee, wiping the blade with an absorbent cloth each time.
- Wipe the edges of the window to remove excess fluid.
- Spray the car rims with water using a garden hose.
- Scrub the rims with a soft sponge and brush, then rinse with a garden hose.
- Dry with a microfiber towel.
By parking in the shade, the car is not exposed to the sun, which can quickly dry windows and rims, creating foam water stains that are hard to get rid of. Make sure the windows are closed and that all doors are fully latched before shutting down the vehicle.
Wait for the car's temperature to cool down, then fill the bucket with warm (not hot) water. Add a few drops of dishwashing liquid to the water. Always start by cleaning the windows. Rims are often very dirty and require more scrubbing. By starting by cleaning the windows, you reduce the need to refill fresh water and washing up liquid.
A garden hose can help remove a large amount of sludge, preventing the need for additional scrubbing. Spray the rim with water from a garden hose, then bend down and scrub it thoroughly with a sponge and brush to remove all deposits and stains. Rinse each rim with water after washing. Do not wait for all rims to be washed as the foamed water can dry out and stains will appear. By drying the rims with a microfiber towel, you can not only avoid staining, but also get rid of the moisture that the dirt adheres to. Then the car may become dirty again after the ride.
It is important that you only use dishwashing liquid to clean windows and rims, not the bodywork. Follow our tips to get it right.